Which English program is best for me?

Think about the following: the reason for learning English, program type, program quality, length of time for study, location, services, housing, and cost.

How do I know if an Intensive English Program is a good one?
One important way is to learn about its accreditation status. An accredited program must meet certain quality standards. In the U.S., intensive English programs can be accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (CEA) or by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education & Training (ACCET).
Association membership is also a quality measure. In order to become members, programs must meet quality standards. Many intensive programs belong to the American Association of Intensive English Programs (AAIEP) and/or the Consortium of University and College Intensive English Programs (UCIEP).
Is Rosemead College an accredited school? Why is that important?

Accreditation means our programs meet the standards set up by an accrediting organization, and that you are receiving a high-quality education. It “assures students that the institution has an approved program of study, qualified instructors, adequate facilities and equipment, approved admissions policies, and advertises its courses truthfully.”

As a student, how do I benefit from attending an accredited school?
Enrolling in an accredited school means you can be confident that programs meet the standards recognized by the profession and fulfills the educational requirements necessary for your entry into the profession upon graduation. An accredited program has voluntarily placed itself before the scrutiny of the profession–investing time, energy, and money–to ensure that the education you receive will serve you not only during your time at school but also ensure you are poised for future professional growth.


How do I apply?
Send us the required documents:

  • For Overseas Students
    1. RC Application Form
    2. Copy of your passport
    3. Bank Letter **
    4. Signed Refund Policy
    5. Homestay Form (Optional)
    6. Payment of Tuition & Other Optional Fees
  • For Transfer Students
    1. Photocopy of your passport, student visa, I-94, and I-20 Form
    2. Signed transfer form to prove the eligibility of your transfer (pick up the Form from RC)
    3. A financial certification (over $7,000)
    4. Your current school’s Phone & Fax numbers
    5. Your overseas address

** Acceptable forms of a bank letter are a personal bank statement or a letter from the bank. However, if your parents/sponsor will pay for your expenses during your stay in the U.S., parents/sponsor needs to fill out the Affidavit of Support Form. In that case, the parents/sponsor has to provide a bank letter. An amount of at least $15,000 is required for tuition and living expenses for a 16-week period of study.

When can I start classes at your school?
It is best to start classes at the beginning of each session. The Calendar lists all our sessions year-round. However, if you are studying for only a short time or are unable to come on the first day of a session, you may enter the program at any time if space is available. Some classes fill up quickly and may not be available for those who begin classes after a session has started.


I want to travel outside the U.S. What should I do?
If you want to travel outside the U.S. you must have a valid F-1 visa, a valid I-20 Form with a signature that is valid for one year, and a valid passport (at least six months into the future). If you are planning to travel to a country other than your home country, view this link for travel guidelines and visa requirements.
My Passport is not valid for six months, can I travel?
The requirement that a passport is valid for longer than six months of the holder’s departure from the United States is waived in the case of some countries. If you are traveling visa-free under the Visa Waiver Program and your passport is not valid for 90 days, you will be admitted into the United States until the date on which your passport expires.


Do I need some knowledge of English to enroll in your English course?
No, we accept all levels from complete beginners to advanced levels.
What happens if I want to change or cancel my course?
Under different circumstances, Rosemead College has different policies. In the case of changing courses, students have to notify the student counselor of their intent. If a student wants to cancel the course, he/she has to notify the school as soon as possible because there is a deadline for the refund policy.
How long does it take to go to an upper level?
It depends on the students who are taking the class. Usually, students have to pass both mid-term and final tests in order to move on to a more advanced level. Students also have to get approval from two teachers, the current teacher, and the teacher from the next level.
Does the size of the class matter?
Yes, the size of the class makes a lot of difference. RC has classes with approximately 5-20 students. The teacher-student ratio is about 1:10, while a lot of other colleges have a ratio of 1:15. With a small class setting, teachers are able to give a lot of attention to each student individually.
What types of outdoor activities are available at Rosemead College and the surrounding areas?
Rosemead College (RC) organizes exciting special activities every month to give students the best educational experience in the USA. Students can practice English every minute while participating in exciting and fun extra-curricular activities. This makes an exceptional experience for cultural exchange and active learning. Our special programs such as the Summer School are designed specifically to integrate learning experience with cultural activities. With all its vibrant culture and year-round festivals, you will undoubtedly experience an exceptional quality of life in California.
Can I transfer to a community college or university when I complete my program at Rosemead College?
Rosemead College has special agreements with many schools in the Los Angeles area. These agreements allow RC students to take part-time credit classes while studying at Rosemead College and transfer without a TOEFL® score. After you complete Level 5 at Rosemead College, you can transfer to some community colleges without a TOEFL® score. For those who wish to transfer to a university, RC provides TOEFL® Preparation classes. For your convenience, RC is a TOEFL® testing center, so upon completion of your TOEFL® Preparation class, you may take the TOEFL® test at our facility.


What are the opening hours of Rosemead College Administration?

We are open five days a week, Monday – Friday From 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Our school also opens on weekends under special circumstances, during TOEFL or TOEIC exams, etc.

Where are you located?
The campus of Rosemead College is located on Valley Boulevard. It is very close to the freeway and about 15 minutes away from Pasadena, one of the oldest and most beautiful cities in Southern California, famous for its Rose parade and California Institute of Technology. It is also about 25 minutes away from Hollywood, Santa Monica, and wonderful sandy ocean beaches. The Torrance campus of Rosemead College is located in the city of Torrance, the 4th largest city in LA County. Torrance is famous for its beautiful Torrance beach, Del Amo Fashion Center Mall, the biggest shopping center in the western part of the United States, and the Torrance Cultural Arts Center. The city is about 20 minutes away from Los Angeles International Airport on the freeway.
Do you provide airport pickups?
Yes. We provide airport pick-up and drop-off service.
How can I contact Rosemead College(RC)?
Currently, you can contact Rosemead College by phone, email, or postal mail. Please see our Contact Us page


Do I need to have health insurance?

We strongly suggest that you buy some health insurance (not only travel insurance) before coming to the USA. Otherwise, health care costs can be very high without insurance coverage.

Can I purchase health insurance at Rosemead College?
If you don’t have health insurance, you may purchase it directly through us upon arrival. International Student Insurance is designed specifically for students of RC. (contact the school for more information)